Sunday, January 10, 2010

Old as New

Over the summer break, I've re-visited some old pieces and given them a new look in terms of surface and use. A few subtle changes can shed an object into a whole new light.




Twig Ring, from Wilberforce series, originally taken through a dipping process to deepen and highlight parts of the silver...


...now heat-treated white, said to look more like bones than twigs. It has been converted to a pendant, simply hung on knotted cotton thread to not detract focus from the central piece and to keep an organic feel.




Other pieces I've made over recently are my ready-to-wear kite tail inspired bow ring and bangle, transitioned from the cover piece made last semester:

Original cover piece, inspired by Roksanda Ilincic and kite tails..




Transitioned into Ready To Wear :hand forged, heat-treated white silver bangle and ring with organza kite-tail bows









I scored these flash pics while collaborating with other fashion and photog students for an end of year shoot. Lucky I brought some of my own pieces along to snap.







Photography - Adrian Mansueto

Threads - Erin Boubli

Location - Raffles Design College studio, North Sydney


Makeover: I replaced the frayed edge for a more tailored take on the over-sized bow. Shame I haven't got these remakes photographed so nicely. Good shots make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment