Sunday, November 8, 2009

Laced.


Lace ring, silver nickel

After many broken saw-blades later and washing the nickel filings out of cuts on my hand, I think yes, next time I'll keep a record of how many hours, cuts and broken blades it takes me to saw-pierce a length of metal into lace. Though it was very much worth it and I am happy with the result. This piece was inspired by my childhood and the frilly, lacy, puffy meringue sleeve party dresses I adored in my hey-day as little girl. I finished off to a high shine as that was the sort of thing I loved and marveled at as a child and would have definitely considered it princess couture!




a close up..








As the lace saw-piercing gave the ring all its detail, I want the form and line to quite simple, and resemble the way real fabric lace falls and tumbles.



No comments:

Post a Comment