Sunday, February 7, 2010

Old Times


Been sifting through the old photos and came across these window display pics back when I studied Visual Merchandising. We were put in pairs and had to design the layout of a shop front window. It's funny to look back at these and to remember my mindset and what I was like as a person and wonder what kind of shop front I would have designed today, had I done the same project now.




I made this lamp-shade by hand, its framework made out of armature wire. Green chiffon was gathered in pleats and hand-sewn onto the wire framework. A black tassel fringe and chandelier beads were sewn round the base to finish the 1920s vintage feel. I love working with armature wire. It's so soft, I could easily sculpt the lamp-shade into a kooky shape by hand.

2 comments: